Frequently Asked Question
Microphone is not working on the Chromebook
Last Updated 2 years ago
- Open the "Camera" app, switch to Video, and record a short (5 seconds) clip of yourself saying something. Play it back to verify if the microphone is working.
- Check the microphone levels.
- Click on the time in the lower right corner.
- then on the arrow next to speaker levels
- Verify that the "Internal" microphone is selected for Input.
- Adjust the level of the microphone if it is very low. Move the slider all the way to the right.
- Test if resolved by following step 1.
- Power wash your Chromebook. Test if resolved by following step 1.